which sewing machine should I buy?
I have been searching for the right sewing machine to buy. After making my little bags for Adorn Me, to put cuffs and boxes into for those being purchased, I am HOOKED. So I've been reading all the mixed media blogs I can, including Ruth Rae's. And reading articles regarding mixed media and assemblage. No one has any real tangible advice. So I'm reaching out to my blogging artist sisters and asking for you help, and advice.
Here's what I'm thinking in what I need in a machine.
- I want one that isn't REAL expensive, say $200-250
- I've borrowed a Brother machine, that was okay, but not great. BUT, I do like being able to change the length of a stitch, really helpful. But it was too heavy.
- I borrowed a Janome Gold 2, lower end, not able to change length of a stitch. Sewed well, smooth, but not enough features, and runs $250
- I went shopping and saw some that might work. Anyone know anything about White machines? Are they good, going to hold up. They have one at $188 that has all the bells and whistles and features I want, and oh, did I mention has to be light weight and PORTABLE? For sure portable. It also has an ingenious feature. You can take the hard plastic cover off and use it as an extended table that fits into the machine, so your piece doesn't fall off. This one is only 12 lbs, very light. I was told Janome makes this model of White machine?? That sounds good.
- Also saw a Baby Lock, entry level. Seems to be good, but heavier.
ANY suggestions would be so appreciated ladies!!!
Thanks so much for your help.