HomeMy JewelryTutorialsClassesContact Me

Friday, April 27, 2012

What is an online class?

What are my online classes like??

Here's a little preview of one of them.

I've had a few questions about what an online is like, how does it work, can you really learn something useful, is it fun, and stuff like that.

So I thought you might like to see a little sample of one of the classes.  Hopefully, this will give you an idea, and the amount of education involved.  There has been great care in showing everyone from beginners to experienced jewelers, step by step instructions of each and every detail in making these fun frames.

This is a preview for the upcoming 
Romantic Relic Frames workshop.



I had a blast making this little trailer, I hope you enjoyed it!

So what are your thoughts about online classes?
Have you ever taken one?
What was the experience like for you.
Have you taken one from Artful Gathering?

I wish you could see and hear the amount of care that has gone in to each and every workshop for the upcoming Artful Gathering online classes.  Every teacher has poured endless energy and their wisdom into each class.  It has been such a great honor to be associated with the talent lined up for the upcoming workshops.  I am blown away by their helpfulness, talent and generosity.

Each teacher will be available to chat with every student on line for six weeks.
You can ask me anything about techniques, methods, my favorite supplies, where to buy supplies, well you get the picture.
And you will be able to chat with all the students, and publish pictures of your progression on your project. You will not be left in the dark, and you will not be alone.  If there is any hesitation about taking my workshop because it might be too difficult or you don't have all the tools, this is the perfect venue to jump in. The tools are very common and the materials are inexpensive.
  
If you've been wanting to learn to solder with a butane torch, I show you every step.
If you've been wanting to learn how to use a jeweler's saw, learn my method of "zen" sawing!
If you have always wondered how mini hardware works, it is here.
If you have wanted to know how to attach brass stampings, we cold connect some.

So I hope this gives you some clarity on what you get when taking one of my online workshops with Artful Gathering.  Please let me know if you have any other questions about it, or the entire process.  The workshops run for six weeks, but you can view them all, once the session begins, within the first day if you like. Then take your time going back over the lessons, one at a time, and make your own frame.

And my Overcoming the Fear of Fire workshop is so cool, because it is a shorter film, slam packed full of how to choose the right torch for your needs.  Whether it be one of a variety of micro butane torches, MAPP gas or mixed gases using the Little Smith Torch.  I show them all, and explain how to operate them, set them up, fill tanks, etc.  The whole idea is to get you comfortable using some kind of fire in your creations!

So there you have it.
Talk to me, leave me a comment, or two.
Fill me in on your thoughts.
Would LOVE to hear.

And don't forget to sign up for my contest to win a workshop, two posts back.
The contest ends Sunday night April 29th, at 10pm PST.
Good luck ya'll!

love and hugs,
Riki

4 comments:

In the Light of the Moon said...

I could not stop smiling as I watched your video!! Really Wonderful!!Your class looks jam packed with fun,learning and laughter.A wonderful combination!!!
xoxo

Diana said...

I absolutely loved your trailer video.......so entertaining....loved to see you laugh....such a hoot!! Your students are in for a treat I just know it. And can't wait to see your new blog revamp...so exciting.
Tootles
Diana

Sandra said...

Super trailer! Looks like your class will be lots of fun

Stephani Gorman said...

I laughed, I cried and I wanna sign up!!! Love ya Riki!!!