HomeMy JewelryTutorialsClassesContact Me

Thursday, July 13, 2017

RETIREMENT?



Hi sweet friends! Can't believe I haven't posted one time here in 2017. How is that possible, and where does the time go?

I don't know if anyone still reads blogs?? I will post this to FB too! But I thought I would mention that as of this year, I am retiring from jewelry making, designing, and teaching.  It has been about 21 years of bliss, but am ready to bow out.

I have loved every single minute of meeting new friends, helping others and creating. I can't thank everyone personally, so I will just say thank you to each and every one of you for making jewelry making a dream come true for me.  Stephanie Lee's instruction changed my life, as did Susan Lenart Kazmer.  And instructors like Richard Salley, Robert Danzik and many others were so helpful and giving.  And foremost, Zinnia Galliher with Artful Gathering, your support and friendship has been amazing.

So what's next? Not retirement for sure.  I'm going to sell all the stuff I've collected for over 20 years, wow there's a lot.  Then I'm going to clean out the workshop, take some painting classes and just play, play, play.  No stress!  I'm now planting and gardening, enjoying travel, the new She Shed (thank you Mark Gardner for the photo above), filling the bird feeders, cooking and not thinking of jewelry every waking moment, like I have for 20 years.

I will miss all of the special friends I've made over the years.  And who knows, might run in to you at an event somewhere, for a mixed media or painting workshop, or who knows!! I hope we stay in touch.

Maddie and I send love and happiness to each and every one of you, and wishing you many years of success in whatever your endeavors are.  Take each day and moment and make the best of it, I sure plan to!!

7 comments:

Michele said...

Wonderful news Riki!!! I hope to do that very thing in the next 5 years!!! But first, I'm moving to my wonderful mountains of Colorado!! Can't wait to see what you'll be selling!! Love your creations!!

Charlene said...

Yes, blogs where we all started have faded some but, I think maybe making a little come back. I too have turned to FB because it's easier. Congrats on the decision to step away from jewelry. I still enjoy some but, so many of my favorite teacher ( you included) are stepping out too or going much more industrial which isn't my style so, I'm looking more into textiles, journals, & mixed media. Do what you love & yes we'll keep in touch!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! A quote from the movie, You've Got Mail, for you, "You are daring to imagine that you could have a different life!" I wish you happiness! You will be missed!

pamelahuntington said...

Rikki, Congratulations!! I quit doing retreats over a year ago and just began to enjoy art again.. so happy for you! Enjoy every minute!

:)

Caterina Giglio said...

Yes, some of us still read and write blogs!! LOL! Congratulations on your retirement, I think you will have a great time, and I cannot wait to see what you paint!! xox

Riki Schumacher said...

Thanks so much everyone! Appreciate it. The circle of life continues, isn't that wonderful?
xoxoxo

mzjohansen said...

Congratulations!
It took me some time to adjust to being retired, but now I am enjoying every moment of every day and cannot imagine not being able to get up when I want and structuring my days as I want!

Be well, be happy and enjoy the moments!