HomeMy JewelryTutorialsClassesContact Me

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter 2010

Will the Easter bunny be visiting you?

Did you ever have a bunny? I didn't, but would love one now. Don't think it's going to happen!!

What do you remember from Easters past? Did your mom make new dresses for you and your sisters? Mine did. I especially remember the gingham checked ones, with hand embroidered flowers on the front, over my heart. Those were incredibly special. Then off to church to celebrate our blessings. Then afterwards, the posing in the front yard with the relatives, blinding sun in your eyes, and finally....getting to search for the Easter baskets.

My mom spent hours hand drawing clues on little white slips of paper, like a true treasure hunt, hidden all over the house. It was marvelous, the anticipation grew stronger with each clue discovered. How many more...where is the darn thing...what will be in it? Everyone...just get out of my way...I have work here to be done. Then finally, WOW! The treasure is discovered, even better than last years, how could that be possible? More candy and treats than I had seen for months.

I have much to be grateful for this Easter. I still have my little Chester boy, even though he is struggling with his illness. He is my inspiration this Easter, reminding me that each day is truly a blessing, so enjoy it. I have a wonderful home, family, husband. And in addition, this year an outreaching of love and support from all of you. Have I told you recently how much you mean to me? Well, you do!

Have a wonderful Easter celebration, won't you? I hope the day brings you peace, fulfillment, and a feeling of renewal, wherever you are and whomever you are with.

Much love,
Riki

Thank you to "The Graphics Fairy" for this darling picture.

18 comments:

Diana said...

Oh what a sweet photograph, Riki. I had two bunnies as a child (Jacque and Pauline...named after my grandparents). I didn't dress them up like in the photo but had fun with them just the same. Wishing you all a wonderful Easter. Give Chester a hug for me.
Diana

Anonymous said...

wonderful post! it's so nice to have such great memories.
hope you have a wonderful Easter!

Laurel said...

How adorable is that photo? Made my day - Happy Easter to you!

Sueann said...

What a sweet post and a wonderful photograph! I sure do remember those handmade dresses. And don't forget the matching hat and the corsages!! Oh my!! Such a special day Easter is and was!!
Blessings to you
Hugs
SueAnn

Anonymous said...

Love the photo! We had Doc, a little pygmy rabbit. Still miss him after all these years. Gramma bought us Easter shoes and then the photo shoot with everyone, then the egg hunting. Good times!

Is Chester an animal companion, Riki? Inspiration can come in many shapes and sizes. We do have much to be grateful for, don't we??

xXoO
Gwynnie

Liz Revit said...

Riki, I love this photo. I never had a rabbit, but I have two cats.

Have a wonderful Easter.

Diane said...

Happy Easter my dear Riki =) My daughter and I have once more made the most beautiful memories together at the Antique Festival! What an incredible year..I am surely blessed =)

Charlene said...

Sweet Riki thank you for bringing back those sweet childhood memories of Easter. When I was 5 years old my precious Daddy bought me an Easter coursage just like my mothers(smaller size of course). I felt so special & so grown up that he had thought of me like this. And the other memory was of the chicks we got one year. Dyed Pink & Blue. Animal abuse some would say... Bah humbug. Those baby feathers all fell out & they were plain old while chickens but, what fun we all had playing with them.

I am so glad your sweet Chester is there with you! Hug him & love him everyday! Every chance you get. In fact... give him a hug just from me (because you can! And you know what I mean). I feel so blessed to call you my friend. HUGS! & HAPPY EASTER! Charlene

Cindy said...

Riki, I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter!!

stregata said...

Wishing you a wonderful and Happy Easter, Riki!

Julie Pishny said...

Riki - My mom used to make little dresses for my sister and me, too! I remember she would dress us one at a time and made the mistake of dressing me first and I fell in the tub with my sister while she was taking her bath! Yup, I was that kind of kid....I give my Mom extra hugs today to make up for it....xo and hugs, Julie

Sharon said...

Happy Easter to you and your family!
My Grandmother always gave me a new Easter dress, shoes, purse, and jacket every year.
My most favorite ensemble included a white rabbit fur coat with matching pill box hat-can you guess the era? haha!

Have a blessed day!

Renee Troy said...

Sweet photo Riki. Happy Holiday...Love and Blessings!

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

Goodness, that photo is too cute. Loved hearing about the treasure hunt.

Debrina said...

Hi Riki! Love your blog - gorgeous! Happy Easter to you too. Ours is all but over now, here in NZ - we're a day ahead of you.
I got your message on my BArter Circle blog - thank you. If you want me to link you from there you will need to have the badge up (the black one) on your blog tho...that way everyone will know that you are up for bartering.

Debrina said...

PS. the barter circle is loosely connected to the Fleamarket Floozies and the Buy 2nd hand only for a year. You don't have to buy only 2nd hand to be a member of the Barter Circle.

Beatnheart said...

I love those animal pictures but on closer inspection I feel badly for those animals...they look too tightly wrapped in those little clothes...poor things! Glad you found your Sewing Machine... I'm going to check out the barter button, see what that's about..thank you for your visit and kind encouraging comment...Loved you in Belle A..Mag...Great work Riki!!

romantic decay said...

Can't wait to see the earrings you make with the bullet casings. Are you going to post a picture when they are done?
I tried to email this but somedays my computer gets the best of me.