HomeMy JewelryTutorialsClassesContact Me

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Box Number Two

My second box!

Oh, you just have to try making one of these boxes. If you have all day and the patience of a saint! Ha ha. I'm hoping they get easier, but the precision is for sure a test of everything I know how to do.

This little sweetie is made using some of that brass lamp wire stuff. Now there's a challenge. You have to be careful not to burn it up when attaching.

What do you think? Like the effect?

So, I probably won't be making a ton of these, but for now, my muse is sitting on my shoulder (thanks to Lynn Davis for reminding me of her) and we'll see how long she visits.

Oh its fun to try new things!! And have the time! I know I should be addressing envelopes, going Christmas shopping, you get the idea. But I think you need to grab the mojo when its flowing!! Don't you?

Happy Holidays everyone.

Housekeeping things...I just listed more items on my Etsy store, and remember, through the month of December, you get 20% off when you enter my code. Thank you to all who have purchased items, I hope your recipients LOVE them.

AND...Diana Frey and I have lots of room for the upcoming workshop in February, Queen for a Day. It will be at my house again, in Pismo Beach, CA. I just got an email from someone who signed up, her WH gave it to her for Christmas...hmmmm. Now is that a great idea or what? Flyer is on the sidebar, hope you can make it.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE.
Lots of Love,

Riki

20 comments:

Beadbug said...

Rikki, this one is just fab!

Diane said...

Oh, yes, love love that trim! You are a box making fool aren't you??? LOL.
xoxox

Suz said...

Wonderful boxes, Riki! I have a thing for boxes, too, but I am not long on patience!

Hugs,
Suz

Lisa said...

this are the best Riki...who doesn't love boxes?? you are fabulous and these are gorgeous!

Jen Crossley said...

This is sensational Your killing me with all those tins boxes.How big are they Riki?

stregata said...

Magnificent, Riki! Just fabulous.

Anonymous said...

How spectacular is this box?!?! Your Muse is a keeper :)

I haven't had a chance to do Stephanie's class yet, but am glad I have a few months to do it. Your creations are inspiring me to get going!

Sara said...

Que lindad Riki están hechas con mi buen gusto. Besos y felices fiestas.

connie said...

those boxes!! I am so proud of you they are beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Girl, you're on fire with the boxes! I like!

sharon said...

Jaw dropping gorgeous Riki! I'm drooling!

HappyDayArt! said...

Really beautiful boxes! I love them!

Sueann said...

I love this box!! It is gorgeous!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

Happy Holidays to you Riki! The box 1 and 2 are so beautiful. It's ART, my friend. Ciao Rita

mairedodd said...

this is gorgeous - ok, what is it about us and just having to work with the muse - i have zippo done for xmas - not even kidding... but i have been making things!!

farmlady said...

What a "charming" box. I need more information. How big are they? What are they made of? Can you do a tutorial on one?.
This one is just beautiful....

Beatnheart said...

I would say yes, strike while the fire is hot. never mind cards, decorations etc. You’ve been doing that same old thing for years. now is the time to create baby! one of these days Riki, you’ll see me in one of yer classes, it’s a promise i’ve mad to myself. perhaps I should tell the old man of my intentions.

Lynn Stevens said...

Its gorgeous Riki! Love the trim around the lid, your first one is pretty awesome too. Love the patina too, yummy!

Norwegiantage said...

cute boxes <3

mvv

themodernvv.com

Fishtail Cottage said...

really cute, i'll be back to take a peek in a couple days! xoxo
~tracie