HomeMy JewelryTutorialsClassesContact Me

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Alameda Antique Flea Market 1/10

In a "flea-ing" moment!
What better way to ring in the New Year, than a flea market? I'm not sure there is one, well, maybe. But this was a ball! Diana and I got the urge to make a spontaneous trip to the Alameda Flea Market in Oakland, CA last weekend. We decided on Friday to leave Saturday, spend the night, and shop till we dropped on Sunday. Then drive the four hours home Sunday night. WOW, was it worth it! Spent way too much money, now have to work harder than before, yikes!!

This is my good friend Diana Frey shopping at one of the hundreds of booths, (sorry girlfriend, I know its not the most flattering shot). We found so many goodies to choose from, my eyes were in overload from candy!! Here are some of the pics, then my stash further down!
Look at these gorgeous door knobs. I really haven't seen so many together. They were pricey, but amazing.

Here's some eye candy for my friend Diana Cook! What do you think?

Okay, here's my stash. I can't decide which I like the best??? Love the doll's head. Need a name for him/her??? Any suggestions? Love the little book, watch for pics of some jewelry on that little treasure. Love the little watches, might make some multi-media trinkets to take to Adorn Me in Houston, to sell on vendor night.

Isn't the photo of that woman priceless? I love the outfit, a wedding maybe?? Love the compasses, key openings, oh, so many fun things.

Wish you all could have been there! We ate dinner Saturday night at a fabulous Oakland restaurant called Le Cheval, a French-Vietnamese restaurant. Yummm. If I had taken my camera, I would have shown you the dishes we had, so French!
Thanks for stopping by and flea-ing with me!! Stay tuned to a giveaway this month for my year anniversary as a blogger. Happy New Year!

18 comments:

Diane said...

Yep...would have loved to have been there with you and Diana! The vintage rhinestones ALWAYS get my heart beating faster. But, actually all your pictures did this time =)
xoxox

Barbara Lewis said...

Wow! What a treat for the eyes. You had way too much fun ... and I expect great things from you so get busy!

Esther said...

oh woooooooooooooooooooooow!!! incredibles treasures!!!! what a chance!!! this doll have a Sophie's little pretty face.. beautifuls pieces!!

Sissy Sparrows said...

Love all of your pictures....you got some great finds..my favs would be the watches and the rhinestone chain!

Anonymous said...

oh my, what treasures you found! I am aching to go to a flew market..too cold this time of the year where I live. Perhaps some antique shops in Leesburg, Virgina...

Jen Crossley said...

OH My what awesome goodies you found,Im dribbling here

The Joy of Nesting said...

SoooooooooooB I want to go toooooooo!!!!!!!!

How much fun!!!! And what fantabulous treasures!!! Poor little dollie, from the picture the poor little thing looks ever so crossed eyed, but then I'm sure I would be too if I had such a huge "birthmark" on the end of my nose, I kept looking at :)

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

Lyneen said...

I love hunting for treasures, sounds like you had a great time!!!!
thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind words!

Charlene said...

Darn what fun I missed!!!! Diana is going to kill you dead for posting that photo. I KNOW how she is about photos!!!! :) At least she'll do a pretty arrangement... here lies Riki my sweet friend that posted a non approved photo. hee hee Only you could get away with that!!! Now, on to the loot......... WOW good stuff. Can't wait to see what comes of it. And I'm with you on the door knobs. WONDERFUL! Hugs
Charlene

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

Riki, what lovely treasures. The pictures are almost haunting but beautiful. Can you believe the dresses they wore back then?

Cindy said...

Riki
Oh you two experienced my dream weekend!!! Antiquing all day with a friend and enjoying a nice dinner...probably discussing your treasures all the while. Yes, I wish we could have been there too! Can't wait to see what you create with these goodies...they will be amazingly transformed into Riki Jewelry!!

Sueann said...

What a fabulous weekend adventure! And all your finds are amazing! Will look forward to seeing how you use these treasures.
Hugs
SueAnn

Julie Pishny said...

The second best thing to rummaging through a flea market is looking at the goodies someone else found there....how fun! I really need to call my friend, Marcy and make a day of flea marketing and a nice dinner to bring in the New Year...Riki style. Love it. GOOD STASH!!! xo Julie

Jessica Moreau Berry said...

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO BETTER WAY TO KICK OFF THE NEW YEAR as far as I'm concerned!! Love all the stashes of fabulous goods! And the door knobs are gorgeous displayed that way, I'd love to have that whole display case hanging on my wall!

Keep on creating gals!

x0x

robin dudley-howes said...

Oh BOY did you make out!! LOVE all of it. CAn't wait to see what you do with the doll head.

robin

Gunnar Nielsen said...

Found you blog. I'll check it again and try not to show it to my wife. She would love your things and want to buy, buy, and buy. I am showing her now. we love to go to flea markets. Bye Riki

Unknown said...

Yes its true you have posted very beautiful designs.i am also thinking to buy this type of stuff.
http://www.g3jewelry.com/

fibuline said...

FANTASTIC !!