HomeMy JewelryTutorialsClassesContact Me

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Breathe!

Start your New Year on the page!
It isn't everyday that something this wonderful comes along. Before Christmas, I just completed an on line course from the wonderful Stephanie Lee. Turns out she is not only a talented artist, but fabulous journal writing coach. The course was about learning to journal, so I thought. I didn't know exactly what was involved, but thought I might learn how to make a pretty journal I see on so many mixed media artist sights right now. Since I had never written in a journal, not since 5th grade, I thought it might be inspirational, and I would learn some new techniques. Boy, did I learn some new stuff!

Stephanie didn't teach us how to make pretty pictures and write some lovely words around them. Turns out, that's not what the course was about! Of course you can do that if you want to. It was a soul searching class about getting inside your heart and head, working through all that "dark" stuff you might have repressed for so many years, and finding a way to release it...finding a way to express it on "the page", as Stephanie refers to journaling. She offers the most open, encouraging and safe forum for you, giving you a road map to tackle issues you never thought possible. She offers prompts to start your writing off, and amazing audio interviews with talented women, to allow the insight to continue. By clearing out the darkness, there is light. Yes, this is an endorsement! I would be happy to sing Stephanie's praises to anyone.

If you want to start the New Year off with an open, refreshing outlook on your challenges, creativity, relationships and peace of mind, take a look at this course. It's the best $50 I ever spent. Daily journaling has become a part of my life now, and I can't imagine not doing it. Give yourself a gift, and start taking those deep, fulfilling breaths you used to, I had forgotten what that was like! I put the link on here for you to read about, let me know what you think.
Happy New Year everyone!!

9 comments:

connie said...

wow, thank you for the info on stephanie's class. I have always been afraid of journaling not sure of what to put down on paper or what would come from my thoughts. this sounds like something I would venture into. thank you again riki for describing this class, journaling doesn't sound so scary now.

happy new year my friend! hoping your holidays were wonderful!
xo

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

Thanks for sharing, Riki. I'd love to use my blog as more of a journal but sometimes it's difficult to know what to say. I'll be checking out Stephanie's information. I'm sure it will be helpful.

Charlene said...

So glad you loved your class with Stephanie! I don't know about this... that dark scary stuff is much better not looked at I think. I have it shoved so far down I don't think I could even bring it up. I'll go check it out. Have a safe & Happy New Year! I can't wait for us to meet in person in 2010! Hugs! Charlene

The Joy of Nesting said...

Hi Riki!!

Isn't it cool when you find ways to throw a bit of light into those dusty corners of your "little grey cells"!!?? Just remember to keep the wick trimmed, and a bit of fresh air to keep the flame burning. :) I wish you much joy and excitement discoving the You this year. I'm sure you will discover the same wonderful caring, gifted,woman-child that we have come to know as Riki!! :)

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

Sueann said...

Sounds like a great class. I am terrible with journals. I start them and then promptly forget about them. Sigh! Maybe I should look into this course,. Thanks for the recommendation.
Hugs and Happy New Year
SueAnn

Cindy said...

I would love to take a class with Stephanie Lee some day... if she offers an online jewelry class, I'm there!
Happy New Year to you!

Diane said...

Yes, I am taking her next one Riki! Just had to! I know I will enjoy it =))

mairedodd said...

wow - thank you for sharing this... it truly could not have come at a better time! i had been indecisive as to whether to do this or not... so i thank you for this gift... happy new year - all the best to you!

HappyDayArt! said...

Good word!