HomeMy JewelryTutorialsClassesContact Me

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My Secret Santa Gift
Oh, am I a lucky girl! Santa was VERY good to me this year. I received my Secret Santa Gift, from Molly Alexander. She organized the exchange, and 12 of us were in it. I've never done this before, so it was new to me. This was a lot of fun to anticipate getting a gift in the mail, from someone I don't know well yet.

I love my beautiful necklace Molly made me. She had everyone exchange some information about themselves before the exchange, our favorite colors, things we like, etc. Isn't that a good idea?
I mentioned my favorite color was blue, and I loved anything old, and I think I mentioned bees too! She couldn't have nailed it any better. I am so impressed with her craftsmanship and design. Way cool.
Isn't that little bee to die for? What a cutie! I know they symbolize nature, and renewal. What else do they represent? They go back to Roman days and I believe, even the Egyptians. Anyway, I love them.
So thank you again Molly, for setting up and organizing the exchange, and inviting me to be a part of it. I really love my necklace and will be proud to tell everyone my new friend Molly made it!
Please visit Molly's site to see what everyone else made. People are just receiving their gifts, so they might not all be posted yet.
Merry Christmas everyone! Ho, ho, ho!

16 comments:

Cindy said...

Riki, what an amazing necklace!!! Molly is truly gifted...just look at that pendant! I can only imagine how excited you were to open your gift! I hope to post mine soon...it is soooo beautiful too! :-)

Jen Crossley said...

WOW this is gorgeous what a wonderful gift
Jen

Charlene said...

LUCKY GIRL!!!! What a great necklace. I know you will enjoy wearing it & thinking of your new friend. Isn't this Blogland Heaven!!!!!! Hugs!
Charlene

Unknown said...

What a fabulous necklace! I love the bee too. Can't wait to see what everyone else gets...Merry Christmas!

farmlady said...

This necklace is just beautiful. I can see you wearing it. What fun!

Anonymous said...

beautiful necklace, you lucky ! :)

Diane said...

Ahhhh, isn't Molly just the best? I love it Riki! Can't wait to get mine, and for mine to reach it's destination =)
Merry Christmas!!
xoxox

Lyneen said...

WOW this is gorgeous... what a beauty to wear! Thanks for stopping by my blog for my blogoversary! Good luck. I am in Bremerton. I will be following your blog now!

Barbara Lewis said...

You're a lucky girl. That is a beautiful piece by Molly! There is so much to love about it!

Esther said...

what a beautiful piece!! a lot of diferents forms of labradorites!! beautifuls!! and love the bee too!!

Marie-Aimée said...

fabulous necklace

Sueann said...

I love that necklace!! Molly did a fantastic job! Lucky you! Bee's are my fav too!
Hugs and Merry Christmas
SueAnn

Narrative jewelry said...

That's just gorgeous Riki, as you, i love everything in this necklace, especially the wonderful labradorites, the bee, the wonderful patinated links. Great work from Molly.

Diana said...

You must have been a very good girl to receive such a lovely necklace and to be able to open your gift early! Lucky you! I can tell Molly put so much thought into this piece for you. Merry, Merry!
Diana

Anonymous said...

The necklace is amazing! Molly does beautiful work!
Happy Holidays:)
Jeanette

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

How interesting! I love the colors with the copper and the bee is just the icing on the cake.