HomeMy JewelryTutorialsClassesContact Me

Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Charming Romance

A Charming Romance
A weekend jewelry escape, the perfect gift for the holidays!
Ladies, I'm so excited to tell you about a new workshop my friend, Diana Frey, and I put together. This is the perfect gift to add to your Christmas wish list. The two day workshop is called A Charming Romance, because you will be making a charm bracelet packed with darling charms that you make during the workshop. We are offering it two different weekends. The first weekend will be February 6 & 7, 2010. The second weekend is April 10 & 11, 2010, both are full days on Saturday and Sunday. It will be held at my home in Pismo Beach, CA on the beautiful Central coast, how cool is that?

Diana is a very talented jewelry artist, nationally renowned I might add! So her skills, combined with mine, we can cover a lot of ground. We will help you design charms for your bracelet utilizing many mixed media techniques. These will include using PMC, etching, embossing and metal smithing on a small scale. Don't be shy if you're a beginner, this class is a beginner/intermediate level. Then when all the little darlings are made over the two days, you will assemble your beautiful bracelet with hand made charms, and romantic found objects that you'll bring. So, not only will you learn many new skills, you'll have a reminder of those techniques with lots of little romantic dangles. Of course, you can choose any theme you like, we just like this girlie approach, very glam! And of course we plan to pamper you with delicious food for lunch, and yummy snacks, both days.

Diana is handling the registration for this workshop, so please contact her to reserve your space. If you have any questions what so ever, please let me know. The class space is limited, so please sign up as soon as you can. Give this information to all the "W.H.'s" out there so he can buy you something you REALLY want for Christmas this year!
We hope you can join us for the fun.

9 comments:

Esther said...

it looks exiting Riki.. Diana is a wonderful creative artist, not only nationally renowned, here in France we know her too!!

Sueann said...

Oh I would love to come!!! I will have to think about this one! Are there cool places to stay near your home?
Hugs
SueAnn

Barbara Lewis said...

Riki, This sounds like an awesome workshop ... if I didn't live 3,000 miles away! And the examples are awesome! But Pismo Beach was a favorite spot for my family when I was growing up in California. We lived in San Dimas in the mid-1960's. It still had egg ranches and orange orchards. I'm sure it's changed somewhat in nearly 50 years!

Diane said...

Riki....oh what fun! Looks like a great workshop =) Wish I could be there with you two!!
xoxox

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

Oh how I wish I could go. Why does Pennsylvania have to be so far away from California?

Stephani Gorman said...

Oh Riki! This is going to be AWESOME! Hugs, Stephani

sharon said...

Oh...I am green with envy!! Like Leslie says....Pa. is sooooo far away! Your blog is soooooo beautiful, and thank you for visiting mine, and your kind comments! Don't know why I never found your blog, but so glad I did! WOW!!

Nini said...

Gracias por tu comentario. Ahora yo soy tu seguidora y admiradora.

Narrative jewelry said...

Great workshop Riki, really need something like it here in France ! Diana is such a great artist and teacher.