HomeMy JewelryTutorialsClassesContact Me

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Secret Santa gift

She received her gift!
My Secret Santa can now be revealed. The name given to me by Molly was Diane Cook. That was handy, since Diane is a fabulous friend! I had no idea what to make her. When she filled out her questionare and said she likes vintage rhinestones, crystals, and smiles, I remembered a picture I had of all three of us! We took a workshop together last April, so it was a recent photo of me, Diane and Diana Frey. I thought she might like a little frame to hold a fun picture. We are three dear art sisters, so it seemed appropriate to add "Sisters" to the photo. And I know sisters mean a lot to Diane, check out her blog.
This is the back of the frame. After I got it done, I decided it needed a little signature piece with a signed name plate.
So I added this little signature plate last.
I heard from Diane, she seems to like it a lot. What do you think? Have you ever made a frame, I sure hadn't. It was a lot of fun though. I used one sheet on the back, and an etched one on the front. Then I soldered the rhinestones to the front, and glued everything else on. The little stand construction for the leg was tricky, but seems to work.
I used mica to cover the picture, and screwed everything together.
Voila, a frame to last the years.

21 comments:

beautifullybrokenme said...

Riki -

This frame is just BEAUTIFUL!!! What an amazing gift - Diane is a very lucky lady! I love the combination of copper and vintage rhinestones. Diane is all about family and relationships, and she will treasure this, I am certain. Fantastic job, and thank you so much for participating in this swap!

:-) Molly

Sueann said...

Love the frame...it has just the right amount of bling!! Must have bling!! LOL!! I am sure she adores it!
Hugs
SueAnn

TesoriTrovati said...

What an incredible gift! I think it must be all the more special because it holds a picture of a wonderful memory. Thanks for sharing your inspiration! Enjoy the day! Erin

Stephani Gorman said...

Brilliant and Beautiful! :)

Diane said...

Yes, I love it Riki! You could not have sent me a more precious gift. It lovingly sits on my work table now, so I will look at it often, and remember the fun time we had together last April. Thank you so much...my thoughtful art sister =)
xoxox

The Joy of Nesting said...

Riki,

What a wonderful inspirational piece!!! You can't help but see the love and care you put into it's creation!!! And like you I'm so thankful that the word sister doesn't just apply to a biological human!!! I know my life is sooooo much richer with the many Kindred-Art "Sisters" we all are so blessed in finding!!!

If I don't talk to you again before the holidays, please have a most wonderful and peaceful Christmas and be sure to make beautiful memories dear friend!!

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

Lucid Moon Studio said...

That's a beautiful gift! I don't think I ever would have guessed a frame! You should make more of them to sell, they are great. Thanks for the fun contest, and congrats to Esther, that smart girl!

Lisa

Cindy said...

Riki, this one is just incredible! I saw it in its entirety on Molly's blog and was so impressed.... a frame!! How in the world did you do it?! The stand is so clever. And the picture you included of the 3 of you is so sweet.

Marie-Aimée said...

amazing piece

Christine said...

Your work is just amazing!

Esther said...

RIKI!! what an inventive girl you are!! so so so clever!! a wonderful gift for your friend!! and stunning !! the back is beautiful too!! love your signature !! it's a marvel!! congrats!

Diana said...

Bravo, my friend!!! The frame, concept, and heartfelt care and attention to detail that went into this gift is so very special. I love it! Thank you for including me in the "sisters" photo.
Hugs
Diana

Julie Pishny said...

Riki - one word - well two - SMART COOKIE!!!

Anonymous said...

how sweet, such a beautiful and thoughtful gift!

Renee Troy said...

Diane's a lucky gal. It's a wonderful and very clever gift. Great job!

Charlene said...

YOU DID AN AMAZING JOB! Oh Riki it is divine & I know she will treasure it forever. You are so lucky to have had that time with Diana & Diane. Can't wait until Adorn Me. And no, I haven't forgotten that bird bracelet... HUGS! Charlene

Pretty Things said...

WOW! I love that all the details (every little tiny detail!) was carefully thought of. Brilliant!

robin dudley-howes said...

Really cute Riki! Love the bling and the etching. Merry Christmas to you too!
ooxoxorobin

A bird in the hand said...

Lovely piece, Riki!
Merry Christmas!

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

Wow, what a remarkable gift, Riki! And the picture with all of you is perfect.

Jessica Moreau Berry said...

FABULOUS!! Love the holiday spirit you girls are providing me with today!!

Hope you have the loveliest of holidays! xox

~Jes