HomeMy JewelryTutorialsClassesContact Me

Monday, July 13, 2009

New July earrings








I'm trying to keep inspired, and create new product, after the little incident in Redding, CA with the elves helping themselves to all my jewelry!
So, I'm starting over with earrings, and thought I would try some fun things with the cool etchings, the process I learned from the wonderful Stephanie Lee.

Do you like these leaf earrings? They are kind of long, but aren't lots of women wearing longer these days?

These are dainty little circle earrings. I love the way the etching turned out on this piece of brass. I left it in the solution a bit longer, the etch got pretty deep. (It was a really hot day up here in WA).

Here are some dangle copper ones with copper chain, and a little antique shoe button hanging off. They have some fun swing action.

What do you think? Are these too big? Will women wear these longer earrings?  I like a little smaller size, like the middle ones, but we try to not make things just for ourselves, right?

4 comments:

farmlady said...

I think they are beautiful and not too long at all. I'm a big, tall woman and I don't like dinky earrings..., so these are just what I would wear.

The Joy of Nesting said...

Hi Riki,

I think you are right on the money. I love then and I'm not a big earring kinda girl, but I'd wear them in a New York minute :) The have a lovely romantic presence without screaming "hey over here look at ME!!"

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mexico

HappyDayArt! said...

Oh I always make some for myself! Make some large and some small. It will all come out in the wash and yes I love the etch AND the patina.

By the way, I tagged you Riki. It is time to tell us about your obsessions.

Catherine

Jay said...

I love the etching, both fine and deep. I think they are perfect. I have a long neck and short hair so long is fine for me. I just picked up one of your creations at the Anacortes Arts Festival, and I'm wearing it today. Keep up the good work!

Tammi
mybrownwren.etsy.com
todaysbigquestion.blogspot.com