HomeMy JewelryTutorialsClassesContact Me

Monday, August 1, 2011

Transformation

Transformation

It is so much fun antique shopping, then bringing your goodies home and transforming them into something fun to wear. There is no way I can possibly get to all the wonderful pieces I have picked up, just this year alone.  But this one jumped out at me yesterday, screaming to come out of the case! That's when we have to listen to them, right?

I picked up some of these turn of the century picture hangars at an antique shop in Victoria, Canada while shopping with my friend Jill.  I think it looks very French!  
What do you think?


I thought it needed a touch of bling, some beautiful chain and a pearl. 

Any ideas what to do with the others? I just love these little hangars, too pretty.  And the aging on them is so rich, I haven't touched it and won't!



This will go in to the collection for the Anacortes Arts Festival this coming weekend in Anacortes, WA. 

Wish you could all come see me and say hi!

Hugs,
Riki

18 comments:

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

Riki! Beautiful transformation. Love your work and always stop by to see your posts. Ciao Rita

Diane said...

Love it for sure....No further embellishments needed =) xo

farmlady said...

The charm of what you do with old pieces of jewelry is why you create such wonderful pieces.
Turning the fragment upside down and using the hanger for the chain loop is perfect.
I love the little bit of bling and the chain.
Beautiful, Riki.

Charlene said...

STUNNING! I love what you did with it! It's almost BDay time.... One more day.... Happy Happy! HUGS!
Charlene

Jen Crossley said...

This is really stunning Riki

The Feathered Nest said...

Just gorgeous Riki!!! You have such an eye for know how to transform these old things into treasures!! hugs and love, Dawn

stregata said...

Love that your turned it upside down - it looks amazing now!

Lisa Loria said...

Very Pretty!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

magical! it's amazing how you can transform what you find to such amazing pieces!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Tres chic,Riki!! It says french to me:)
Hugs,
Marie

Esther said...

so so pretty!!

Sueann said...

Oh my gosh!! So beautiful!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Anonymous said...

So tres chic, dahling! Wish I could be at your show to see all of your pretties :)

xo
Gwynnie

Glenda/MidSouth said...

So pretty !

Lily's Lace said...

You simply amaze me! I love it! xoxo-cindy

Gaby Bee said...

The imagination you have ~ wow~ you create such beauty with such simple objects. Brilliant!

Happy B-day!

Gaby xo

Rochelle said...

LOVE IT RIKI!! I'll be seeing you soon..
Rochelle

Cindy said...

Riki, this is amazing....I loved seeing the before and after. Almost didn't recognize it the second time because you your transformation was just so magical. Loooove the rhinestones and beads that you added...I bet it will be snatched up quickly this weekend!